Thank you for accepting our invitation to speak at the CIO Peer Forum coming up April 26-27, 2017 in Edmonton. The following information will help you to plan and execute your speaker engagement. Should you have additional questions, feel free to contact us.
PRIMARY CONTACT AT CIOCAN:
LOCATION AND HOTEL BOOKINGS:
The host hotel is the Westin Edmonton hotel located at:
10135 – 100 Street
Our room block is the traditional rooms at a rate of $199 single or double
occupancy. The cut off date for reservations is March 24, 2017
. Reservations can be made via phone at 1-800-228-3000 or via the web
• Immediate: we need a headshot photograph in jpeg or png format, at least 300 pixels wide and scalable.
• Immediate: Complete the speaker form that will provide us with your session title, descrption, biography and contact/social media information.
• Blog Posts and Newsletter Articles: To help promote both the CIO Peer Forum and your topic specifically, we encourage speakers to submit a blog post of 500-800 words and a newsletter article of 800-1200 words. It can be something you have already published as long as it supports the topic you will present.
• Social Media: The CIO Peer Forum is an extremely social event. We encourage you to join us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
• Session Date and Time: Your session will have been confirmed via email. However, minor program adjustments may still be made as we go along. You will be notified of any changes via email.
• Conference Attendance:
As a speaker you are invited to take advantage of a full complimentary registration to the entire conference. The complete program is published on our web site at www.ciocan.ca. We encourage all speakers to take advantage of this opportunity. Be sure to indicate on the Speaker On Site Details Form
which portions of the program you will be attending. You do not need to register: as soon as we receive you On Site details Form, we will take care of the registration for you.
• Deadline: March 17, 2017. To help you ensure that the content direction is the best fit for our audience, a conference call with the speaker and our Event Co-Chairs will be arranged at a mutually convenient time.
• Deadline: March 31, 2017.
Our speaker on-site details form allows
us to capture audio visual requirements, permission to record and publish along with emergency contact details for each speaker.
• Changes to your Presentation: If you have last minute changes to your presentation, please bring this on a memory stick.
• Parking: There is ample paid for parking at the hotel. Please keep your receipt to claim parking fees from us.
• Arrival Time: Please make arrangements to arrive at the break preceding your session to allow for audio visual set up and orientation.
• Dress Code: Business attire for speakers. Attendees attire is business casual.
• Emergency Contact Information: If you are running late or have an emergency, please contact Alison Toscano at 647-879-4700.
• Peer Forum Social Media: Our social media handles for the Peer forum are as follows:
• Audience Demographics: The event will bring together a community of CIOs and IT industry leaders, combining forces with experts, thought leaders and practitioners to explore, discuss, and learn. All sessions are aimed at providing attendees with actionable information that can create positive and immediate impact on their organization. We want to help our audience become more effective information technology leaders, opening the door to new perspectives on business success.