Carlos Carreiro was appointed Senior Vice-president and Chief Information Officer for TELUS in June 2013. He brings close to 30 years of experience in the IT industry and a proven track record in developing and executing strategies focused on improving service delivery and putting customers first.
Carlos has held senior IT leadership positions in operations, application development, architecture, and strategic planning in thefinancial, outsourcing, health and telecommunication industries. He joined TELUS in 2008 when the company acquired Emergis. Carlos joined Emergis in December 2000 as Senior Vice-president, Operations.
In 2003, Carlos relocated to Washington, D.C., to assume the position of Chief Technology Officer for Emergis’ American division. He was named Executive Vice-President, Service Delivery and Operations in 2004.
Carlos reengineered the TELUS Québec customer solutions delivery model, sharpening business strategy and boosting client services. He successfully managed the completion of major projects, including large infrastructure upgrades for the Government of Quebec’s Réseau intégré de telecommunications multimedia (Integrated multimedia telecommunications network) and the Ville de Montréal.
Carlos is responsible for:
- Overseeing TELUS’ IT infrastructure, including data centre operations, team member computing and IT service delivery
- Developing and growing TELUS’ cloud-based hosting business, creating the tools, product/service definition, and go-to-market strategies
- Ensuring the quality and stability of TELUS systems, technology releases and change management processes
- Guiding TELUS’ storage, servers and database strategy to ensure TELUS applications availability
- Developing and maintaining TELUS infrastructure and service delivery strategy to ensure strong alignment between IT and business strategy